Well.....I don't have any pixs today, but I decided it is way to long since I blogged. I will try to post pictures later.....when we get home, but I have a bit of time so I thought I would write a few things down.
Our summer has been beyond busy! It began with Dad and Nancy coming up to see us and Terry. They flew into Spokane and stayed with Chuck and Janet so everyone came over for a SHORT visit. It was great seeing them, but not near long enough.
Todd and Kyle came in June and since Todd had never been to Montana to see us it was a real treat! We hiked, canoed, visited Sis, b-b-qued and did a bunch of sight-seeing. They rented Harley's for a day and took a trip up Lolo Pass and into Idaho. They seemed to really enjoy their trip and we loved having them. They have two great black labs. I don't think they know they are dogs, but Hunter enjoyed the company for a few days.
Just before Todd and Kyle came, Cassie, Chad and Justin and Jessica were here. Chad wasn't able to stay too long, but Cassie stayed a few extra days, then went to Libby and then came back for another week. LOVE THOSE GRANDBABIES! I will have some pixs tomorrow!
We took Tanya's kids and Justin camping for a few days. We went to Seeley Lake and had a great time. The Mom's came up later and stayed for a night as well.
Tammy had a new baby this summer....July 16th found us in Boise for the birth of Sawyer Tait. He is really a cutie....when he gets grumpy he looks exactly like Brannon! She had a great delivery...very different from the last two, so we are grateful for that. While there we called some great "old" friends, the Perry's and had a wonderful visit with them. It had been way to long.
When we left Boise we brought Tammy and Brannon's two oldest girls home, Maise and Addie, for a week. We did all the traditional "Missoula, MT" things.....carousel, water park, etc. This year we did go down to the river with Tanya and her kids. They had a ball playing in the river all day long. They rafted down on inner tubes most of the day, they hardly stopped to eat. It was a great trip.
We have done some traveling with work this summer. Jeff more than me, but we are "back in the saddle" now and have several weeks of work until October.
We are going to pack back into the Beartooth Wilderness again this year. We go in a couple weeks. We had such a great time last summer and scenery was so outstanding we decided to go back in for one more year.
We biked the Hiawatha Trail with Scott and Gloria Spencer. That was another Great trip! Beautiful scenery and a very enjoyable trip. Not too hard, but good exercise. We will be taking another bike trip with them in September closer to Cour'd Lene, Idaho.
September hopes to find us (maybe closer to October) camping and canoeing. We are trying to fit in one more trip before winter hits. It's hard to believe it is already August!
I will try to post pixs tomorrow or the next day. Blogs are not as much fun without those.
Sunday, August 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, you guys have been busy.....and it sounds like your summer has been filled with lots of family and friends. That is great. Nice catching up.
Post a Comment